I’m starting this New Year recipe series with a simple, tasty and healthy smoothie. I spent a bit of my summer 2017 trying to lose belly fat by taking in some lemon/lime juice with water each day. I got so excited when I came across this new recipe of adding mangoes and honey to my already cherished lime.
This smoothie takes at least 7-10 minutes to make. I am also glad to share a few health benefits of the fruits that I used.
- Improves Eye Health: Once cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Clears the skin: Mangoes can be used internally and externally for the skin. They help clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples
- Lowers Cholesterol: The high levels of fibre, pectin and vitamin C in mangoes, help to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Weight Loss: A glass of warm water with lime juice is an excellent weight reducer as well as an antioxidant drink. The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner. Taking two glasses of warm water with lime juice a day gives great results in a matter of weeks.
- Relieves Constipation: The roughage in lime is helpful in easing constipation. An overdose of lime juice with salt also acts as an excellent purgative without any side effects, thereby relieving constipation.
- Cures Fever: Citrus fruits, in general, have fever-reducing qualities because of high concentrations of vitamin C found in them, which naturally lowers the temperature of the body.
These are just a few health benefits out of many. Below are the ingredients and steps to make MANGO~LIME Smoothie.
1 cup of fresh mango chunks
Juice of 1 small or ½ a large lime
1 tbsp honey (Sweetner or agave nectar can be used)
1 cup ice cubes (optional)
1/4 glass of water (optional)
- Place mango chunks, lime juice and honey into a blender
- Add ¼ glass of water (optional: depending on how thick you want it)
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass or jar of your choice and serve immediately.
Try it and let me get your feedback. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on any of my social media pages.
Have a blessed week,